Friday, August 14, 2009
And the easiest way of doing this automatically was a view with an index.
But to create the index on the view - I had to remember the SchemaBinding trick - see http://www.mssqltips.com/tip.asp?tip=1610 for more information about schema bound views.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
I've not really seen this before - but just been sent it within the UK MSDN Flash today - http://geekswithblogs.net/iupdateable/archive/2009/08/05/uk-msdn-flash-poll-how-did-your-software-team-score.aspx - interesting stuff:
The Joel Test
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
And once you have answered those questions, share with the rest of us how you scored.
I think I score a 8 or 9... I'll let you guess which ones I don't do... and which one I half kind of do.