I think I hit every technical gremlin possible during this recording...
But still I managed to get this done inside 30 minutes - so I hope this video is useful to you :)
I also hope you don't mind me posting this 'as is' - I obviously could have removed the mistakes/problems or I could have re-recorded this session - but I thought seeing the problems would be heplful to you.
With that explanation out of the way....
The flow I tried to demonstrate was:
- Switch yesterday's N+2 solution across to the Mac
- Load the solution inside Xamarin Studio
- Change the configuration of the solution so that it correctly worked for the 'iPhone Simulator' configuration
- Use the Add->New wizard to add a new 'iPhone Table Cell'
- Use the xCode XIB editor to change the Table Cell layout
- Use the xCode Assistant editor to link the UI controls in the layout to 'Outlets'
- Save in xCode and return to Xamarin Studio
- Let the automation in Xamarin Studio create C# properties from the 'Outlets'
- Use the code editor to change the UITableViewCell to an MvxTableViewCell
- Use the code editor to add some Data-Bindings for the cell
- Use a special MvxImageViewLoader to load the image from the Internet
- Run the app
During the demo I hit several gremlins and made a couple of mistakes myself - but I hope you can learn from these. If nothing else, you can learn not to trust everything I say :)
The modified code is on: https://github.com/slodge/NPlus1DaysOfMvvmCross
The video is:
Previously in N+1:
- N=0 - a first application - http://slodge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/n0-first-mvvmcross-application-n1-days.html
- N=1 - tip calc - including the Android Designer and using IoC -http://slodge.blogspot.com/2013/04/n1-tipcalc-second-example-adding-ioc.html
- N=2 - Kittens - lists and tables - N=2: Lists and Kittens (N+1 days of MvvmCross)
Next up... maybe some value converters
Please do let me know if these N+1 demos are useful, if you'd like to see these recorded slightly differently, if you'd like a topic covered, if you'd like to record a session or if you have anything at all to say :)