I had a problem with windows phone 8 sdk accessing the wireless network on my host laptop.
Some solutions/questions I saw reported when trying to debug this were:
- Plugin an Ethernet cable - that worked for me!
- Problem solved! Hyper-V uses same MAC address for guest VMs (virtual machine) and Host. If the router configured to give the host always same ip address it will conflict with the emulator. Solution - on the router remove the host from known PCs and let it give you some new ip address (not fixed). After you start the emulator it will get the correct ip address from router. Router will show you two PCs (host and vm) with the same MAC, but different ip addresses.
- I encountered a problem with installing Hyper-V on a german installation of Windows 8 but have found people having the same issue with other localized versions. After setting the checkbox to install Hyper-V and clicking ok it simply did not install. I had to change my regional settings to english, install it and switch them back to german for everything to work.
Maybe the SDK simply triggered the installation correctly or the recent big Windows 8 patch resolved the problem. Although it might be that you had different problems with installing Hyper-V.
It is possible that the emulator's virtual machine is corrupted.
1. Close Visual Studio. Launch Hyper-V Manager.
2. In the Virtual Machines list, stop and then delete any virtual machines currently running
3. Try your app again. A new emulator VM instance should start.
If that doesn't fix it, click on the running VM instance in Hyper-V Manager. In the Actions column for your Emulator instance, click on Settings, and drill down into the Network adapter hardware. See if a Virtual Switch is selected for the network adapter etc.
Hi everyone, We have some steps to run the emulator:
Enable Hyper-V on Control panel.
Restart your computer.
Install Windows Phone 8 SDK.
Restart your computer, again.
Run the Emulator! Takes very very long time if you don't do the step 5.
Please check your
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center and tell me how the Virtual switch, internet and windows phone switch configured?? May be it will leave some clue to me.
From the release notes:
User impact: There is no internet access on the emulator.
Workaround: Disable the automatic proxy detection and try connecting again.