To win a prize is always great :)
But in this case it's even more special:
- because the prize is for code
- because the voting was done by a great bunch of developers who I have so much time and respect for; from a team who frequently release totally jaw-dropping awesome software - both in product and in source code form.
To be honest, I hoped I had a shot at winning the Windows Phone prize, but I genuinely thought I had no chance at the big one. Especially when you look at some of the apps I was up against:
Evolve from Bill Holmes - using all 3 Xamarin.Mobile parts on iOS:
Wsh Lst from Jonathan Dick (@Redth) - supporting all 3 platforms, plus web services, plus bar code scanning, plus a website - wow:
Prattle from John Heerman - an Android group messaging app I need (and I love the Darth Vader party invite in the video):
Congratulations to all of the above on their prizes - and more importantly on your great apps and code.
All 3 of the apps above are open source - helping everyone to build apps - check them out:
Today I'm definitely wearing:
Thanks again for the prize!
And while I'm saying thanks.... there's also again to Xamarin for hosting the MvvmCross Xaminar - it's awesome to see them embracing and promoting so many different flavors of C# development.
Today I look at the Xamarin blog and I'm all over it :) Thanks, monkeys!
However.... actually the stuff just off the bottom of the page is much more interesting - check out:
- Speeding up asset use in iOS - http://blog.xamarin.com/2012/12/17/handling-large-assets-on-ios/
- Using Google maps in your MonoTouch apps again - http://blog.xamarin.com/2012/12/14/google-maps-sdk-for-ios-now-on-monotouch/
- C# meet OSX - Xamarin.Mac - http://blog.xamarin.com/2012/12/12/your-app-on-66-million-macs-c-sharp-on-mac/