Here's a first video I made for the project - sorry about the low audio volume!
Xamarin the Native, Sphero the Ball and Lumia the Phone....
After a long week of coding, this experiment in sleep deprivation reaches its inevitable conclusion....
- Xamarin.Mobile Picture capture
- Native voice control
- Native accelerometer control
- Native UI with lots of touch
- Native BlueTooth
- Guest Starring Sphero the ball
- Cross platform Mvvm
Xamarin the Monkey.... because going Native matters
Can I sleep now?
Here's the apps first public outing to a local user group:
Some technical infoThe project demonstrates Xamarin.Mobile by using Xamarin.Mobile media picker.... But, beyond that it also extends Xamarin.Mobile tackling some elements of several Xamarin.Mobile requests on uservoice:
- File/Directory browser API.
- Cross Platform Project File Solution
- Multiplatform MVVM Framework
- Bluetooth API
- Posting things (links, txt, pics,..) on Facebook
- Make Xamarin Mobile API open source
The SourceThe source is on: https://github.com/slodge/BallControl
Currently, we have:
- a working WP8 app
- a working (but ugly) MonoDroid app
- a non-working Windows Store app - it seems that Windows Store does not yet support BlueTooth SPP devices - which is so bad :(
I will also post to the WP8 app store soon.
And I will post some more videos soon....
If anyone is interested in how the app was built I did live blog the first 10 hours of coding... see PDF at http://sdrv.ms/V8xdmV (or email me for a Word doc). Sorry I didn't blog the whole lot - but there was a lot of code to write... and I did it in 5 days end-to-end while still holding down the day job too.
That's AmazeBalls! How do I get a Sphero:
If you want a sphero, then try: