Thursday, December 18, 2008

CSS Dreams....

One of the things I've been slowly getting my head round is CSS.

I think mainly because I've been working with some old ASP.NET and DNN controls, this has proven quite hard.

However, it's also clear that CSS itself is quite hard sometimes....

All I wanted to do was arrange my screen as

IMAGE TEXT

IMAGE TEXT

IMAGE TEXT

Where IMAGE is of an unknown height and TEXT is also multiline.

The sort of thing it would be easy to do with tables....

But it's proving very tricky in CSS. I keep getting effects like

IMAGE TEXT

IMAGE TEXT
TEXT CONTINUED

IMAGE TEXT

I've been all over the shop looking for solutions - faux columns provided some respite... but overall it's nasty! And I could have achieved the effect I wanted with tables in seconds....

No comments:

Post a Comment