Monday, December 29, 2008

Some Facebook Connect problems

While continuing to hook up the http://www.runsaturday.com website with Facebook Connect I hit a problem with an ASP.NET Server (User) Control which was working well in one page but refused to work at all in another.

When debugging the Javascript using Firebug I could see that in one page I was getting the error - "hostWindow.FB.XdComm is undefined" inside the script xdcommreceiver.js on line 66  "func = hostWindow.FB.XdComm.Server.singleton.onReceiverLoaded;" - although this wasn't at first apparent as that line is wrapped in a "catch" statement by Facebook.

What I eventually deduced was.... somehow I'd included the facebook javascript init code twice in the same page. Sorting this out, made everything work OK again... phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment